Every individual should have an opportunity to experience music for themselves. People love music–it’s often a big part of our lives. Since day one you will enjoy the process of learning a new instrument.
At Versland Studios, our students:
- Learn sight reading and steady rhythm since day one so they are prepared to play all types of music
- Learn simple exercises that will increase fine motor skills in order to play with less hesitation
- Learn fun music that they recognize so it inspires them to practice on their own
- A longer lesson offers time to learn musical concepts through games and other group activities that emphasize positive peer motivation.
- Learn all of their music during their weekly class…so they feel energized instead of lost and confused when they get home
- Start with good habits in the very beginning so they don’t have to take months retraining from bad habits.
- Show their progress by playing for others
We are extremely happy with our talented piano teacher- Jessica Versland. She is the most knowledgeable, creative and patient teacher for our 6-year-old. I have known many teachers that used to teach my son music in the past and she is by far the best educator I have come across. Her teaching approach is right on point because she knows exactly how the little kids learn, and how to effectively use their short attention span for learning. Jessica masterfully motivates her young students with great selection of music sheets appropriate for their age and difficulty level, with various visual prompts that include musical note index cards, drawing board, and of course colorful markers. She is exceptionally organized, always extra prepared for a class, which shows in all of the details of her work. Our piano session is always educational and fun! I cannot be happier with her, she is a natural teacher and truly a pleasure to have around the kids. I highly recommend her as a piano teacher!
Our ten year old son has had Ms. Jessica as a piano teacher, after having received lessons from two different teachers previously. Shortly after switching to Ms. Jessica, we noticed an increase in both his interest as well as his ability to play the piano. Her teaching methods have given him confidence in his skills, and he has developed an interest in playing classical music. Her kind and encouraging personality helps her guide our son to achieve his potential, and we highly recommend her.
It is a pleasure to have Miss Jessica as a piano teacher for my two daughters, she has been teaching them piano for the past six months and their skills have improved a lot on many aspects including rhythm, dynamics and technic. Her very strong musical skills show when she introduces new musical concepts and throughout the classes. She has a very good approach to teaching young kids, keeping them focused and relaxed at the same time. She is constantly encouraging and acknowledging on their progress which keep them motivated. We have been very lucky to have her as our teacher.
Would you like more information? Or a trial lesson? Click below to get started: